Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gathering myself

It's been a very stressful two weeks, and it doesn't seem the work load is going to lighten anytime soon since I will be taking 4 AP Exams within the next 3 weeks..
School work aside, I've done a lot of thinking recently and come to a few conclusions:
1. Whenever I like a guy I find myself looking for ways to change my likes and dislikes to accomodate that person. It's something that took me this long to realize, and now that I finally have, it is something  that I truly want to and have to change. It seems that whenever I concentrate on myself I have the ability to be fully confident in whatever I like and don't like, but then I guess sometimes when we add another person into the equation the only way to make it a happy and perfectly meshing equation is to take up a strategy of compliance. So from this point on, one more goal to add to my list is to stick to my beliefs and not be swayed by those around me, even those I care for deeply, however unrequited it may be. Though this may seem quite stubborn on the surface, it really isn't because in the end I will be able to define myself as the person I truly am and not a jumbled mix of everyone else's likes, dislikes, desires, etc. 
2. I'm a huge procrastinator, obviously haha, since I'm writing this blog while I should really be studying for a Pre-Calculus quiz tomorrow and taking a shower before I go to bed...Then again I am a senior, so I think I'm slightly entitled to this current status of laziness and social loafing. Eventually it will all come to an end (in about 120 days or so...), so I'm going to milk this for as long as possible.
So that is what I've learned about myself recently, and I hope my realizations may help many of you to seek change within yourself, for yourself; and don't worry about pleasing anyone else because as a friend relayed to me..."Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

- christina

No comments:

Post a Comment