Saturday, April 17, 2010

Makes me want to smile..

Just the other day, while perusing the newest issue of Teen Vogue I came across Zee Avi. She is an amazing singer with a voice that brings me pure happiness. Some of her songs remind me of Jack Johnson (my favorite artist), while others make me dream of beautiful spring days where I'm lying in the grass while ladybugs crawl, and birds chirp overhead. Even though some of her songs are filled with heartbreak and bittersweet moments, I can't help but be encouraged to look on the bright side of life. I'm alive, I have my friends and my family by my side, and I'm ready to take on the world. What else do I need?
I am a honey bee
shun out from the colony
they wont let me in
so I left the hive
they took away all my stripes
and broke off both my wings
So ill find another tree
and make the wind my friend
and I’ll sing with the birds
they’ll tell me the secrets of the world
- Zee Avi





I hope all of you the greatest happiness in the world, you deserve it. If something is getting you down, don't let it. Just think of a better day, and eventually the dark clouds with pass, and life will be filled with sunshine and daisies. 

- christina

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to "Bitter Heart." Her voice is so lovely! Good find :D

    ReplyDelete