Wednesday, April 7, 2010

dreams let you prepare for your future...

For the past week I've been on my official spring break, which will sadly come to an end on the 12th. Even though I had such high hopes for an exciting break, my time has been mainly spent doing the usual - watching movies, hanging out with friends, eating and sleeping. Pretty boring I know, but luckily, my dreams have given me all the escape I wish I could experience in reality.

Amidst my dreaming reality at 3am this morning, I was in the middle of touring the countryside of Italy (something I've dreamed of doing since I was born, basically). Seeing the beautiful tuscan fields of grapevines and being able to bike my way down the dirt roads surrounding the area made me want to jump out of my body with excitement. All I could think waking up this morning to Samantha Brown's Passport to Europe was that I wish I could be traveling the world right now. I've always wanted to and lately my dreams have been filled with recurring images of the places I will (I hope that by saying 'i will' that it will happen someday. I need all the wishful thinking I can get...) someday visit - Italy (the countryside and Cinque Terre), France (Paris, of course, and Nice), Greece, the UK (London among others), India, Spain (Madrid and Barcelona), Morocco, Peru, and this list goes on and on..


A picturesque field in Tuscany, Italy.


While I'm sitting in my living room, watching Samantha Brown's First Cruise (I know it's sad how often I watch the travel channel, but hey it will prepare me for my "someday" adventures across the globe), I have a few friends visiting Italy and Greece thanks to a Latin class spring break excursion (if only I took Latin as my language requirement!). Jealously aside, I'm still happy at the thought that one day, hopefully very soon (most likely in college with study abroad trips, etc) I'll be able to make visiting these places my real reality, rather than just a dream.


So where have you always dreamed of going?

My dream: Cinque Terre (in Northern Italy)


- christina

1 comment:

  1. ah I love watching Samantha Brown!!
    I would love to go to Italy, Spain, China...the list goes on too :]

    ReplyDelete