Monday, September 13, 2010

College Life

Hey everyone, it's been quite a while!
Yesterday marked the official third week of college, and I can't believe it's only been that long! It feels as if I've been here in Syracuse for months, and the amazing people I've met seem to be friends I've known all my life. It's impossible to describe just how fantastic this experience has been for me. I've loved every single moment of it, even having to do homework and read countless pages of semi-dull material - all because of my hilarious and always-entertaining group of friends.
Just a slight recap of what's been going on here in Syracuse since I moved in on August 22nd. For the first three days I volunteered with Habitat for Humanity on campus.
We painted a Jewish Community Center, a recently foreclosed Habitat house and made/served lunch at a food pantry on the Near Westside, also known as the Salt District (an inspiring community which is currently under the process of rebuilding their image). During this experience I met so many amazing, kind-hearted people, most notably a woman named Mother Earth. This courageous and infinitely inspiring woman is the most loving person I've ever met in my entire life. Through countless heartbreaks and hardships, she continues to spread the message of "good" and "love" through the Syracuse community. Having met her and heard her story, I've been inspired to help those in not only the Near Westside community, but also in my own community - wherever that may be in the future. During my Habitat experience, I also met one of my closest friends, Hannah. She is always fun to be around, makes me laugh incessantly and is the perfect person to play a duet with on the ukulele.





Since Habitat, I've come to meet so many great people on my residence hall floor including Rosie "Ro Ro", Bryan "BChoo" and Lexi "Panda" - when we're all together, it's bound to be a good time. Also, my amazing roommate Stacie "Habeeb" is always around for a good laugh, a random Gilmore Girls moment, or just someone to talk to when you're getting stressed out. I feel infinitely blessed and lucky to have met such great people. I can't wait to see what the future holds for all of us.



Hope everyone is doing well, and enjoying life! Carpe diem!

Love,

2 comments:

  1. glad to see your already enjoying the college life hun! how rewarding is it to give back through volunteering as well?? so blessed!

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  2. I graduated from Syracuse, good luck with the cold weather.
    David, NYC

    ReplyDelete