Monday, May 24, 2010

Sweet Sounds of Two Great Men

Today was a lovely day - beautiful weather and at the moment, beautiful music. I'm currently listening to the sweet sounds of Frank Sinatra and Michael Buble, two men's voices who I absolutely adore. Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era - I love classic films, good old music, getting dressed up, dreaming of dancing to Frank Sinatra at some big fancy event...It's all just a pleasant thought, I guess. I just wish more people liked the classics - they're called classics for a reason. Some of the best films and music came from the first 60 years of the last century, and I'm committed to acknowledging that fact.






In order to avoid writing an extremely long post yet again, I'll just end today's thoughts with some of my favorite Sinatra quotes/lyrics:


"I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family - and I don't think I could ask for anything more than that, actually."



"Whatever else has been said about me personally is unimportant. When I sing, I believe. I'm honest."


"With each word, your tenderness grows, tearing my fears apart. And that laugh, that wrinkles your nose touches my foolish heart. Your lovely, with your smile so warm and your cheek so soft, there is nothing for me but to love you." - The Way You Look Tonight


- christina 

1 comment:

  1. <3 frank sinatra
    You basically belong in the 40s.

    ReplyDelete