Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Belated Independence Day!

"Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better." ~ Albert Camus
So Sunday was the 234th anniversary of this nation, and for me it was quite a memorable one. After a short train ride with a few good friends, we were off to explore Philadelphia - the City of Brotherly Love and my beloved first home. We saw both the good and the bad the city had to offer, but in all the night was a great celebration filled with new memories made under the stars on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway staring up at the beautiful fireworks over the Art Museum. The sight was truly magical and made me hope that one day I might return with someone I love so that we can both stare above us and marvel at the rare sparks setting the sky ablaze with their stunning hues and bright lights. I hope all of you enjoyed the holiday!

On the way to the Parkway...

Lounging on our blanket under the Malaysian flag

A picture will never do it justice, just beautiful.

love,
christina

No comments:

Post a Comment